Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday, March 20, 2009

Well since the blog master went to play at Medic...I mean Station 14, I will be blogging. It will be a little tough to do since Smiley and I weren't at the station most of the day. The reason behind that is that Smiley is on the 2nd Phase of becoming a Doctor....I mean EMT-I, so we were trying our hardest to get him some calls. Needless to say Medic 1 stayed busy well after midnight. Thanks to REMS Medic 151 for helping out through the night time.

The Ladder and the Engine guys mounted the 1000 GPM Mercury Monitors on Ladder 1 and Ladder 13. The guys organized and straightened out the Old Girl and getting her back into ship shape. Chef Decker was back with us today to give a hand in the kitchen. Randy and JJ did some sewing up in the sewing room.

We had some visitors today sporting birthday balloons, health kabobs (cheese and fruit) and cake for Josh's 30th. We always enjoy having company.....Thanks for coming by Lori, Teagan and Ryder. While they were at the station Josh decided that he was going to show us his guns and try to bench press 300 lbs.....almost Smiley. (Pictures to follow as soon as I get a hold of the Lead)




While getting fuel I learned something pretty interesting. Our own Captain Scott Mutter can ride a unicycle and is very good at it, really. I must say I was rather impressed, way to go Mutter. Smiley gave it a good whirl.


On a more serious note we are keeping Sydney Richardson's family in our thoughts and prayer. What a tremendous loss for Roanoke Emergency Medical Services and the community. We are also keeping Greg Gardner in our thoughts and prayers while he is battling health issues.